Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Planted to Grow

 I love the grace of God.   The more you reflect on the grace of God, the more you are amazed.  It is a bottomless well of blessing. 
God also chastising and corrects.  That doesn't sound as glorious but it is as necessary.  The prophet Jeremiah spoke in a day that preceded some rough days.  Days of exile was coming.  Seventy years of exile was coming.   Jeremiah's heart was broke about the days of which he spoke and the actions of the people of his day.  His message was distressing, but also gave hope. As I read the following passage, I could not help but be blessed by the grace of God.
Jeremiah 24.6b-7-  I will build them up, and not tear them down; I will plant them, and not pluck them up. 7 I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.
God does not give up on His People.  We don't need to give up on Him when we don't understand.  He loves us dearly and desires for better days in our lives.  He wants to build us up and help us grow. 

Let's not give up on each other.  Let's not misunderstand the Lord's actions, but, instead, admit His Ways are beyond our understanding.  Let's live our lives reflecting on the wonderful grace of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment