Monday, August 6, 2012

The Trust Fall

When I was a senior in high school, I had a psychology class and one of our lessons concerned the 'trust fall.'  The trust fall tested how much we trusted others.  Someone would stand on a ledge about 5 or 6 feet off the ground, back up to the edge of it, and then, without looking, fall backwards into six people waiting to catch you.  Well, if you have ever been around high school seniors when they are together, you know the last thing that you should do is trust them.  Although I remember the catches were very inconsistent, I don't think anyone got hurt.

Life is sometimes like a trust fall.  We don't know what is around the corner of tomorrow.   We don't know what even this day holds for us.  However, we must remember that God knows what is coming.  He has been preparing us better than we know and He will be there for us when the struggles come.  Listen to the wise words of Habbakuk this morning:
Habakkuk 3.17-19- Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food,

the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,

 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord
will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's;

he makes me tread on my high places. (www.lifejournal.cc)

It may not always go right.  A lot may go wrong today.  Hold on!  Keep trusting!  He hasn't left you...don't you dare leave Him!

May you fill the mighty strong power of His Presence today in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment