Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Coffee

I learned to drink coffee in seminary.  They have a wonderful coffee shop on the campus of New Orleans Seminary and it was there (20 years ago) that I first tasted flavored coffee.  They had all kinds of favors and if there was a Starbucks around then, there was not one around where I was.  I had never seen different favors of coffee or chocolate covered coffee beans.  (Don't eat handfuls of those on a night before a test.  Too much caffeine will make you goofy.) I learned that I loved coffee hot and that if you let it cool off too much, it gets nasty.  I like hot coffee.

I also drank iced coffee for the first time.  I loved it as long as it was cold.  Lukewarm iced coffee when the ice is all melted is just nasty. 

Revelation 3 teaches me in the letter to the Laodiceans that God wants us on fire for Him, proclaiming Him loudly, if we are His Children, or to not claim Him at all.   Notice how He says it:
  “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.- Revelation 3.15-16 (www.lifejournal.cc)

There is no choice between the two!  We must be Hot for the Lord!  Be Steamy for Jesus today!  As fresh in Christ as a brand new poured cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment