Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Precious

What do you do with your 'pot of gold'?  How do you handle those things that are most valuable to you?  I put my money in the bank.  I lock my house when I am not there.  I put 'treasures' in my car out of sight when I park it.  Whatever you have that you want to keep, you don't make it vulnerable for someone else to steal it or ruin it.

The greatest treasure we have is the truth of the life-changing Gospel and the deposit of the Holy Spirit placed in us upon our salvation.  Thankfully, no one can steal it, however, many things in this world can distract us from it.  A lot of things that we can involve ourselves in can ruin it.  Handle your relationship with the Lord as if it is precious, because it is.  The erroneous notions of this world can lead us astray and cause us to be distracted.   Value His Word and His Treasure more than anything else.  Paul put it this way when writing to Timothy in I Timothy 6.20-  O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,” 21 for by professing it some have swerved from the faith.

What you have in the Lord is precious.  Treat it so today.

No comments:

Post a Comment