Monday, December 10, 2012

The Lingering and the Leaving

Today I am reminded of the legacy of faith that my grandmother left.  I saw her breakfast of a piece of toast, a hunk of cheese, the Word of God, and a good cup of coffee.  If you did not see her strive to please the Lord, she would tell you about it without reservation.  One of my favorite places in the world is early morning at my Mom and Daddy's in the den with the Word of God and a good cup of coffee early.  There is a time before the kids get up and run into grandma and grandpa that we have to share together.  It is a treasure and a celebration of their legacy of faith that has been lived out before me.  As we dig a little deeper everyday,  we find more and more of my mother-in-law's deep reliance upon the Lord revealed in notes that she wrote and Scripture that she pondered. 

Celebrate the Godly legacy that others have left and do all you can today to leave yours. 

2 Timothy 1.5-7-I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Don't let the mistakes of your kindred linger, and don't let their Godly influence every leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment