Thursday, December 13, 2012

Stir It Up!

Alright, I can't help it.  I know it looks like a setup, but it is really not.  I am a pastor and I have always loved the church.  I am a big supporter of church and I feel like a good church home that you faithfully attend is a great need in every Christian's life.  Why?  Well, one reason is mentioned in
Hebrews 10:24-25- And let us consider to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

I say that it may look a setup, because I may pick a verse like that to simply emphasize the need for faithfulness to church.  No, I pick that verse because I believe in it.  I don't believe in it simply for the sake of attending.  I believe in it because I believe God's people coming together for the common cause of worshiping Christ is a powerful opportunity that everyone needs to be a part of.   Well, one good reason is that we all need to be stirred up by one another.  We need the encouragement that comes from being together.  We need the sweet reminder from God's Word about what is most important, what we ought to focus on, and how we ought to live. We need the encouragment that only comes from fellow believers.  We need all of that even more in the evil day in which we live. 

Setup or not, let's get stirred up by worshiping and serving the Lord together faithfully.   

No comments:

Post a Comment