Friday, December 7, 2012

Wandering, Wondering Minds

My mind will wander today.  I already know it.  I have never been diagnosed and, believe me, I am not making light of it, but I know I have Attention Deficit Disorder.  There is not a doubt about it.  However, I grew up in a time when it was not medicated.  I got paddlings at school.  I had to go home and write 'I will not talk.'  thousands of times.  (I tried the two pencil stuff and all the different concepts.  The 'I,I,I,I...will, will, will, will...not, not, not.....'down the page was the quickest concept for me.  I pass that on just in case someone still requires that of their students.  I don't think they do.)
However, I, sometimes, have a hard time staying on task and I know when my head moves from one thing to another. 

I have one of the greatest challenges for us attention deficit guys over the next two days.  I am sitting for eight hours today in a seminar as part of my orientation to serve on our local school board. I promise that I will do all that I can to absorb as much of it as possible, however, I already know that my mind will wander. 

Yours probably will too today, at least at some point.  The question is: Where will your mind wander to?  The apostle Paul gives us more than a suggestion.  Paul gives us good, inspired, Godly instruction in Colossians 3.2- Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. (www.lifejournal.cc)

When we wander off course today, let's really just wander on course- on the course of keeping God in the midst of our thoughts. 

That is both a challenge and a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment