Sunday, July 3, 2011

Real Worship

What a wonderful evening on the square we had last night! Fun to fellowship in the heat.  I used to live in a community about the same size as the one I live in now.  In the weekly paper there were recap articles written by several of the churches.  These were letters that were not edited.  They were fun to read.  A phrase I remember seeing in one church article again and again was: A fun time was had by all.  I don't know if that is proper grammar but it sure is not good writing (not that this is either).  Anyway, it looked to me like a fun time was had by all last night.

I look forward to the day today.  Not only do I get to preach but Nathan Carlisle is going to sing.  He sings with the Metropolitian Opera in New York City and formerly for the military.  He is excellent and testified on the square for the Lord last night. Should be a good day.

I love Isaiah 6.  It is one of my favorite passages because it shows us an order of worship.  First there is praise (v.3).  Then confession (v.5).  Then cleansing (v.6-7). Then Commission (v.8a), and then commitment (v.8b).  All of that teaches me that when we become aware of who we serve, we will realize our uncleanliness and confess it to Him.  He is faithful and just to forgive us when we do and then He will give us tasks to work through in our lives and for His Cause.  When we commitment and carry it out, real worship has taken place.   My prayer today is not for mere praise nor recognition, but for cleansing and commitment.  May God have His Will in His Way in my life and in our worship. 

Have a great day in the Lord today!

No comments:

Post a Comment