Sunday, July 24, 2011

Two Great Things

Today is truly a 'red letter day.' I get to do things that I thoroughly enjoy: 1) to preach my heart out this morning as we worship together as a faith family and 2) go see my Mom and Dad.  Gonna take a few days at the home place.  I ran across two other great things this morning that really go together like peanut butter and jelly, ham and cheese, or peppers and onions (although I do much better without the bell peppers).  Notice these two passages: The first is in Isa. 40:7 and says- The grass withers, the flowers fades, but the Word of our God will stand forever.  And then in I Peter 3:12- For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer...  I don't know about you but it is reassuring to me to know that the Word of God is timeless, relevant, and will never expire.  A fresh Word filled with the breath of God daily.  I also know He is watching me and listening to me and loving and caring for me.  Those are things that I know and I knew them before I read them, however, like a good 'I love you' from someone you love, it never gets old hearing it or reading it.

The two (prayer and the Word) go together like peanut butter and pancakes.  Hey, don't knock it until you try it.  You will never like pancakes without it anymore.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment