Thursday, July 7, 2011

Starting Again

Well, I am so sorry if you tried us out over the last two days and got nothing new.  Let me explain.  On our trip out west we took a camcorder and my cinematographer desired deeply to make our documentaries complete.  In other words, we have a lot recorded on a hard drive camcorder.  A 30 gb camcorder holds about 14 hours of video.  We only had one hour left, therefore we had about 12 hours from the trip (I had left one hour of spring children programming on there).  Now once that hard drive is full, we cannot capture every fleeting moment in life so I needed to preserve those memories.  (Memories?  Why even have memories?  I have it all on video.)  A dvd holds about 2 hours.  The process of moving it from the camcorder to a dvd through this laptop takes about 2 hours a piece.  (An hour to pick your scenes and an hour to burn the dvd).  Therefore the last mornings I have tied up this laptop with dvd burnings so that I could complete our "director's cut collection," not allowing me to write my blog.  I began by making the spring dvd of the church children's spring musical and our spring dance recital.  Then I took the trip across America again dvd by dvd.  A total of 7 dvds of just the trip.  Tedious process but I am glad we got it. 

It was funny- we loved the change of terrain when traveling.  Dawn and I were like two kids waiting on Santa Claus.  Every little hill we would go over we were ready to see what else was ahead.  Half of the time in anticipation Dawn would go ahead and start recording us driving down the road in anticipation (although we had no idea what was coming).  If she didn't pull it out and start it, I would see something that I liked and say "oh my!" or "look at that" or "ain't that something".   Every time I would say it, it was like I was a director yelling "Action".  She was johnny-spot on it.  She was so on it, she thought she tore it up.  The camcorder cuts on when you open the viewing window.  If it didn't cut on quick enough, she would close it and open it again real fast and say "this thing is dying".  The debate is still out whether we have wore it out or not.  However, we got our recordings.  We've got them on dvds.  We've got them on an external back up hard drive.  Plus I just bought 50 more blank dvds.  "Let the capturing of our precious moments (every last one of them!) continue!"

I love the challenge in our reading today ( http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea%2010,11,12;%20Psalms%2073;%20Hebrews%204 ) of  Hosea 10:12- Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.  Isn't it a blessing to know that even if you are not where you need to be today in Christ, that can all change very quickly.  The spiritual ground of your heart that has not been freshly plowed can become fruitful again.  How?  By allowing the Lord to plow through the clods of your life, sow the things of God within your soul, and watch Him move and work in your life again.  That is where fruitfulness comes in. Mix that with what Hebrews 4 tells us about  the convicting power of the Spirit of God working through the Word of God and the opportunity to ask for forgiveness from the Lord who sympathizes with us.   What an opportunity we have in Christ to come boldly before His throne.  
Do it right now! Sow and reap....sow and reap...and have a great day doing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment