Monday, September 24, 2012

A Day In the House

Well, I am celebrating after a great day of worship yesterday.  I don't know that it was anything remarkable that set it off.  I just love church.  I was raised to go to the House of the Lord on a regular basis (3 times a week rather you need it or not) and I cannot remember a time when I did not enjoy it.  I am sure there were times when I was a kid that I got bored or missed something on television, but I have always loved church.  God has blessed with 5 church families over the years that have been spread out over different states at different times in my life.  I was saved in one, called into ministry in one, and served in 3 as their pastor. I just love and thank God for it.  I could not help but reflect on that this morning when I read  Psalm 84.10- For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. (www.lifejournal.cc)

I hope you are blessed with a great church family and you are thoroughly involved in their worship.  If you are not, you ought to be and I am sure there is one close to you.  If you live near me, let me suggest one....

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment