Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Family of God

There is something special about family.  I am blessed with a family that I dearly loved.  I grew up in a good family with parents who put Christ first.  When I got grown, God gave me a family beyond my expectations and beyond what I deserve.  As football lovers often say, "I outpunted my coverage."
However, I have also been blessed with another family that is, oh, so special as well.  When the family that Jesus was raised in, had a concern about what exactly He was doing, He reminded folks that spiritual family is thicker than blood.  He stated it this way in Luke 8.21- But he answered them, “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it.”

Folks, you need a spiritual family and you need to be faithful to the family that God placed you in when you met Him- the family of God.  You need to have a church family where you can celebrate all that you have in God....including the family of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment