Monday, September 10, 2012

A Work of Restoration

Lamentations is a sorrowful book of lamenting prayers after the nightmare of several centuries has happened.  Their nation has fallen.  A range of feelings and emotions come out as they pray to the Lord.  I think a key verse in the midst of the struggle is Lamentations 5.21- Restore us to yourself, O Lord, that we may be restored!  (www.lifejournal.cc) That, my friend, is where it is at.   It is all about getting back to our proper place with the Lord when heartache surrounds our lives. 

On the same note I think of Psalm 51 that David prayed when his personal sin had wreaked havoc in his life and he is confessing and repenting before the Lord.  An unbelievable passage of Scripture, let me focus just on v.10-12 for our purposes- Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.  Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore unto me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.

In a crisis?  Whether of your own making or feeling a little victimized, regardless, turn to the Lord and ask for restoration today.  He will do a work of cleanliness in You!  Have a great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment