Sunday, September 29, 2013

Be Dressed and Ready

Today we read Zechariah 4-6 and Luke 12.

When I am riding with someone who is supposed to pick me up for an event, I always make sure that I am ready in plenty of time (in case, he is early) and, if it is evening, I turn on the porch light to show  my readiness.   I look out the window with anticipation because I don't like to make people wait.

Well, I have someone coming to get me and I don't know when He is coming.  I think I will just be ready.   That is what Jesus told me to do in  Luke 12.35-36  - Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks.

Are you ready for Him to return?  We don't know when, so we better be dressed and ready and looking out the window in anticpation of the coming day.

No comments:

Post a Comment