Monday, September 23, 2013

Building To Last

Today we read Daniel 11-12 and Luke 6.

Years ago I wanted to get back in shape (an ongoing burden/attempt/effort).  It was in the mid 1190's when Billy Blanks' TaeBo videos were out.  It was some type of kung fu, boxing, aerobic workout that looked more manly than the Richard Simmons' Sweating to the Oldies.   I bought the videos, got them home, and watched one of them.  I guess I got up and cleaned out a spot on the floor on the first day, but I don't remember that.  I just remember watching the video and thinking 'that would be easy for a few minutes but he just keeps on doing it.'  I now have a nice set of VHS TaeBo videos fresh out of the wrapper at a very good price.

It does no good to know the stuff if you are not going to apply to your life.  You have to 'work it out.'

In Luke 6 Jesus gives us good teaching on practical, spiritual living and how to allow what God is doing in your heart to effect your everyday.  However, he warns of the need to live it out:
Luke 6.46-49 - “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you? 47 Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: 48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49 But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.”

I promise if you live your life on the words of Christ and build your life on the life change that Christ can bring, you will build something that will last.  Storms are going to come.  When they do, will you be ready?  Boy, I hope so.  

Let's work hard together on building lives that last in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment