Monday, September 16, 2013

The Olive Shoots

Today we read Ezekiel 40-41, Psalm 128, and Revelation 21.

I struck a chord with a phrase in Psalm 128 this morning.
Psalm 128.1-4 - Blessed is everyone who fears the Lordwho walks in his ways!
You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands, you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table.  Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord.

I am at the point in my life that when I look around the supper table at my home, I pray that my children will be like 'olive shoots'.  Olive shoots are promises of future growth.  Sometimes it takes an olive tree forty years to produce, but if it has olive shoots, it will produce. 

Don't ever forget:  much of what we do spiritually today is for the fruit of tomorrow through the branches God blesses us to produce.  May His Blessings for me, bless my children as well. 

You are building a legacy today.  Do it carefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment