Thursday, April 11, 2013

Waiting or Pondering

Today we read I Samuel 11 &12, I Chronicles 1, & 2 Corinthians 11.

I Samuel 12.6- Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.

Last night when I went to bed there was talk of a storm.  Early in the week they talked of tornadoes.  Last night they spoke of large hail and strong winds.  I woke up early and went out and all was peaceful.  I knew it was coming.  I still know it is coming.  I have seen the radar.  We will have a rainy morning.   It could be stormy.  People dread the storms.  Rain is not bad, but the storms....who wants the storms?

It reminds me of life.  There is a storm looming.  No, I don't have a radar and I don't know what it is.  There are some things I dread.  I don't like loss.  I don't like sickness.  I don't like difficulty.  However, all are coming...at some point and in some way.  What do you do?  Do you just brace for it?  I don't think you can.  If you always live in fear of the storms, you will never enjoy the sun....or the Son.  Let's listen to Samuel this morning and only fear God, seek to serve Him faithfully, and ponder on all He has done for us.

There is a lot worse than a little wind and rain. I am going to focus today on what is a lot better.


No comments:

Post a Comment