Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Focusing on Thanks

Well, it is Thanksgiving time.  A time to stop and reflect on all that we have to be thankful for.   It will be easy just to focus on food, football, and then strategic shopping, but I encourage you to focus on thankfulness instead.  I know I have a lot to be thankful for.  The Lord is good to me anyway I turn and I can honestly say that I often reflect upon how good He is to me.
In the coming days, I will not have internet access and I am not planning to get up at 5 AM and run to the local McDonald's to study and write. I will read my Bible with it laying in my lap without the technology that I lean on daily.   I like to write this daily but it will be almost impossible over these days of visiting.  Therefore, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.  I'll write again on Sunday. 
Before I go, I want you to ask yourself the question that Christ asked the disciples.  In Matthew 16:13-16- (Jesus) asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" 14And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (www.lifejournal.cc)
It really doesn't matter what everyone else says.  The question is, who do you say that Christ is?  Who do you say He is with the way you live, give, talk, and walk.  Do you proclaim Him as Lord of your life with all that you do?  I encourage you to focus on that in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment