Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Get Off Your High Horse

Well, I am still in  Greenville, SC leading a revival at my home church with the duty of preaching through the book of Revelation.  What took me six months worth of Sunday nights a few years ago, I am attempting in 6 services and one Sunday School session.  I am clicking along.  I am through Rev. 10 right now.  With a few broader strokes coming up tomorrow night, we'll get to heaven Thursday.  It is fun but exhausting.  I am compiling the information that I would put into 3 or 4 sermons into one sermon each night.  I am preaching long and not getting very far off the point.  It is challenging, fun, and fulfilling.  Ya'll pray hard for me to summarize well.  We were blessed last night when one came to get saved, join the church, and be baptized.  God is mighty good to us.
I have heard all my life that people needed to get off their 'high horse' and be more humble. The origin of 'high horse' goes back hundreds of years when those of wealth or stature had horses that were taller than most folk.  They were a 'little better'.  If you don't believe it, just ask them. They would clarify it. Well, if you ever get on a 'high horse' about how much you do for God or how good you are at, read I Corinthians 1:27- 31 -27But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 29so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. 30And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."   (www.lifejournal.cc) God chose to use you not because He needed you, but because He loves you.  God chose you not because you are so smart but because you must rely upon Him to make a true difference.  God does great things through us, not because we are great, but because He wants to use us to fulfill His Purpose. 
Don't get on your high horse today,  just serve the Lord faithfully and humbly....and you shall be blessed.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment