Sunday, November 6, 2011

Free In Christ

I got up early yesterday morning and drove to SC to preach a revival on the book of Revelation at my home church.  Bethel is where I stomped around as a kid and fell in love with the church.  It is a special place and this is a special time.  As I came across the SC line, I showed signs that I am getting old.  I started enjoying the foliage.  Last time I enjoyed the foliage I was watching an HDTV and I was enamored with the clarity of the picture, not the trees.  However, yesterday as I crossed over Lake Hartwell and entered 'lake and mountain country', I realized God allowed me to come on about the best possible week of the year to enjoy the fall colors.  After a good night's rest, I am excited about the challenge of this revival.  I am going to try to cover the book of Revelation in a week.  Ya'll pray please.
What a wonderful reminder we read this morning! www.lifejournal.cc  We are free in Christ. Whereas the law was our guardian to lead us to Christ, now that we have Christ, we are free.  Notice how Paul puts it: So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. - Gal. 3:24-26.  So if we are free from the law, why do the right thing?  The answer is simple:  Because we love Him. What we do for Christ is not out of obligation (He has filled our obligation), not guilt (He has removed our guilt),  not payback (Only He could be our ransom), and not payoff (God cannot be bribed).  What we do we do out of love for Him.  So love Him today and shine for Him!  You shall be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment