Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Protecting the House

I have never visited the White House.  I have always wanted to because it represents so much for our country.  Plus, I have seen Graceland, so what is left after the White House and then heaven.   The White House is not easy to get into.  I tried one time to get my senator to get me in.  I did not have enough clout.  I plan to visit Washington, D.C. in coming years and hope to get my family in then.  However, I still have no clout.  Visiting the White House has always been a big deal to America.  Andrew Jackson opened it up to the public for an inauguration party and 20,000 showed up.  The White House is big but not that big.   They ended up getting the people to come outside by putting washtubs of  a cocktail made from whiskey and orange juice on the lawn of the White House.  Isn't that nice?  Only in America. 
It is not that accessible anymore.  It is not easy to get in and when you do, you cannot take your camera, your bag, or use your phone.   There are too many goofy people in this world that want to cause harm.  After the Oklahoma City bombing, they closed the road in front of it to keep potentially harmful vehicles away from it.  They have since closed a sidestreet as well.  Why?  Because you need to protect the White House.  The President lives there.  Our country's executive business is there.  You cannot be reckless about such important matters.  

I'll tell you another house that you need to protect and be careful about.  It houses very important activities and persons.  It is you.  If you are a born again believer and have surrendered your life to the Lord, the Holy Spirit abides in you.  God Himself is living and breathing in you.  No kidding.  You have the power of God working in you.  You are a Temple...a holy residence...a place of reverence...a place to guard...a place to protect.  Paul puts it this way in I Cor. 6:19-20- Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
What you do with your body is somebody else's business.  It is God's business. Honor Him with all that you are.  Live like He abides in you, because He does.  Celebrate that today!

1 comment: