Thursday, November 10, 2011

Loving the Loved

Well, tonight the plan is to close out a great week with a lot of talk of heaven.  I have been preaching in a revival through the book of Revelation at my home church this week, Bethel Baptist of Greenville, SC.  What a blessed opportunity it has been!  I have been preaching on 3-4 chapters a night and preaching on average for an hour a time.  Both unheard of for me!  I went into each one ready to stop whenever I felt like I needed to.  I know that there is no need to talk when they stop listening and that you cannot absorb more than your seat can take.  However, they have charged me on and asked me to keep going.  They have been faithful to come and faithful to encourage me on.  It has been fun!  Six years ago I did an intense study of eschatalogy and Revelation and spent the next year writing and preaching about it.  I have done neither since, so this has made for an interesting refresher course for me this week as well.    Besides that, I have been able to spend wonderful time with my parents.  It has been a blessing.  I will preach tonight on heaven.  I have been telling them this week that we  are rushing through to get to heaven.  However, if we actually go to heaven before Thursday, I won't be hanging around to preach on it.  I'll be enjoying it!
I leave out early in the morning because I have duties back in Mississippi.  My girls have had a busy, wonderful week as well.  Millie was in her first pageant and Abby placed in hers. They were both excited and we are for them.  It is the first time I have missed such an event.  I don't care to miss another (although I booked this before we knew the date of that).   I probably won't write in the morning.  I plan to leave in the night to drive through Atlanta before the morning rush.  
God led me to an interesting passage this morning (www.lifejournal.cc).  I Cor. 7:17-Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him.  He is talking about faithfulness in marriage and faithfulness in the Lord when not married.  He gives instructions about various matters concerning such, but in the midst of that he mentions the 'assignment' of the Lord.  Mine is different than yours.  Yours is different than mine.  It is easy for folks to make offhand remarks about how well someone may or may not be dealing with their situation. It is easier to focus on others' worries, than to focus on our own.   Let's quite being so google-eyed with others' lives.  Let's quite being so gossipy about others' situations. If you are married with a family, you have enough to sort out under the Lord without digging through everyone else's closet.  Stay busy about the assignment God has called you to and work diligently to please the Lord in how you handle what He has blessed you with. 
Love your loved ones in the Lord and do it Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment