Friday, November 4, 2011

The Greatest Intercessor

I'm pondering this morning on our greatest intercessor.  I grew up in a church with an intercessory ministry.  There was a special room for a special purpose.  I did not live far from the church and had a good relationship with the ministers through the years.  I would ride my bike up and hang out at the church quite a bit. I would walk through the empty halls and check out  stuff like snoopy kids do.  Never a vandal just a snoop.   However, I was always careful to be quiet when I went by the prayer room.  When I pastored my first church, I worked on promoting a prayer room.  I cannot remember if it was already established and if helped make the special room one just for prayer.  At my next church, there was a thriving prayer ministry going on and I just jumped on board and tried to do my part to keep it strong. Almost five years ago, when I came to Houston, prayer ministry was strong but we needed a place and a promotion of a set time and a set place for prayer ministry.  We established the prayer ministry and in less than four years we have sent over 4000 prayergram letters.  However, with all this, we are just learning from the best, our intercessor, our Lord.
When Christ finished His Job on the cross and walked out of the grave, He ascended and took His place at the right hand of  the Father to make intercession for me and you.  Mark 16:19-So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.- Christ prays for us.  It is the only perfect prayer- He always knows what to ask for.  It is the only perfect warrior- there is no barrier, lack of attention, idle mind, or wandering thoughts.  He is focused.  He is on.  He is dedicated to lift me and you up to the Father. 
You are prayed for by the greatest intercessor.  May we live today to boldly proclaim Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment