Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Golden Trials

Have been going through any trials lately?  Job sure is as we read about his life (www.lifejournal.cc).  His life as he knows it is flashing before him and he is dealing with it.   The solution has not come yet.  We know, if you have read the story before, that it ends good.  However, he is the midst of the journey as we read.  In the midst of it he says in Job 23:10- But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.
When I was in college, I would travel to churches with teams and do weekend youth events.  I would preach one service, testify in another, and sing in another.  I often would sing a song that talked about the trying of the Lord and the shining as gold afterwards.  The song escapes me right now.  However, as I read that, I thought about how difficult it was to live for the Lord, to be a shining example for him as a young, single, Christian adult.  I can look back and be thankful for my efforts.  A determination and the providential Hand of God led me through those trials.  He still leads me through trials.  I learned he would when I was a teenager.  He has taught me so much more since.  I don't like the trials.  I never have.  I bet I never will.  However, I am reassured that he knows the way that I take.
I don't walk it alone.  Nor do you.
I haven't come forth as gold yet....nor have you.  However, He is not done with us either.  Let's trust Him and live Him until we truly Shine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment