Friday, January 11, 2013

Count Your Blessings

Today, as we continue to Prepare 90 Days for Easter (P90E), we read John 2 and Exodus 15.1-18 and  consider a blessing that we have experienced in the early days of this new year.

I celebrate this morning as I read Exodus 15.2- The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. 
I am thankful for the blessing of P90E and the impact that it is having on many Christians. To put it simply: it is getting them in the Word.  Some are reading the Word more faithfully in 2013 than ever. Daily time of meditating and pondering and praying over the Word of God makes a huge difference in the lives of Christians.  Studying the same plan in God's Word binds people together around the Word of God and strengthens the Body of Christ.

I am also thankful that I see my youngest child being drawn to the Lord.  She is writing little notes about Jesus in her heart and wants to have 'the talk' every night. I talk to children all the time about Christ and try to explain a personal relationship with Christ and try to help parents gauge a child's understanding of salvation.  I am very deliberate about it and methodical.  It is important that we guide them correctly. Now I am in the process of doing that with Millie and it gives me great joy.  She came to us after I have spent years praying for her to know the Lord at an early age, but never really pursuing it with her. Now as God pursues her, she pursues a greater knowledge of Him and looks forward to a lifelong relationship with Him.  That makes for fun days for Dad and Mom!

I have a lot of blessings to thank God for already in 2013.  You do too. Take time to 'count your blessings' today.

1 comment:

  1. We pray for Millie's salvation at an early age every Wed. night. Thank you for your words.

    ReplyDelete