Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blessed To Be A Blessing

What a way to end the year! Cheering on my Clemson Tigers to a win with a host of Tiger fans.  The night was complete with elaborate fireworks at halftime- one of which went off right in the road with us.  It was a fun night, awesome game, and great victory!

Welcome to 2013! I begin the year doing something different.  For 4 1/2 years I have studied the Word by following the Divine Mentor, LifeJournal model without any regrets. However, I start the year studying a new devotional work by Gary Permenter called P90E. Gary grew his inspiration watching a late night infomercial about the 90 day body transformation of an exercise program called P90X.  After seeing all the before and after shots of folks, he asked the question: what if we prepared spiritually for 90 days to be a spiritually fit as we could be with the same tenacity that we take on other goals? Out of that He developed a study of the Gospels over 90 days- P90E or Preparing 90 days for Easter, which is day 90 of 2013. He will lead us through the Gospels  chronologically and include a second devotional thought with other devotional, spiritual exercises.  I plan to pick a verse or verses from one of the looks everyday and challenge you with it.

Today I read Luke 1 and Genesis 12.1-3.  God spoke to me this morning as He often speaks to me through Genesis 12.2And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
The question of the day is- What is God's Vision for you in 2013 and are you committed to follow it through?
I pray that you are blessed and that God makes you a blessing.  When we have been blessed by God with guidance, comfort, passion, salvation, and insight, we ought to pass that on by being a blessing to others.

Let's mark 2013 as the year to acknowledge God's Blessings upon us by being a blessing to others.  Be blessed today so that you can be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment