Monday, January 14, 2013

The Lord Is My Father

Today as we continue Preparing 90 Days for Easter (P90E) we read Matthew 5, begin memorizing Joshua 1.8, and meditate on Psalm 23.  David wrote that great psalm from His perspective as a shepherd.  He understood shepherding and He related to His relationship with God as a shepherd.  How do you relate to God?   How would you fill in the following blank: God is my ___________.

It may change every morning, but I think about God today as my Father.  Being blessed with a stable, Godly, earthly father, I try to be one for my girls.  The way I look to Him and maybe, somewhat, the way my girls look to me, I can relate to my Lord. Let me illustrate:

The Lord is My Father, He provides my every need.  He leads me to rest, rather I want to or not. 
He looks across the room at me and tells me to calm down. 
He is always there to pick me up, but He is never hesitant to correct me for the sake of both of us.
I don't go to bed scared.  I know he is there for me.  His presence and strength are a comfort to me.
Even when times are shaky, I know my needs will be met.  I have more than I need.
I will always rely on my Father.  He has paved the way for me and prepared a place for me.  
His lead will guide me forever.

However, you relate to Him, relate to Him! Talk to Him. Walk with Him. Give Him praise.

1 comment:

  1. Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me ALL the days of my life! He is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete