Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Chase Cutter

A telemarketer called the church the other day.  Somehow the phone call got to me.  I heard the computer pause that always identifies mass calling (I think it is a voice activated feature on their headset) right off the bat.  The hair on the back of my neck is already raised.  However, I was told that he had identified himself with the North American Mission Board, so I was a little more receptive.  He began to tell me about a website that addresses various social issues through videos of popular, thought invoking preachers. While he talked, I could hear the chatter that is commonly heard when the telemarketer is calling from a room full of college students with headsets on and are automatically calling every Southern Baptist Church that the computer can give them. Another sure sign of trouble.  I went to the website, saw the guys who speak on it, and saw the issues that speak about.  Not a North American Mission Board affliate. As illustratively as he could, he told me how this website would raise so many out of the muck and mire of their sin by giving video addresses of their deepest spiritual concerns... I asked him what he was selling.  He continued to explain the website (which I had a pretty good insight about now).  I asked him again what he was selling- an affliation into this website? Finally he got to his point, and then I got to mine.....
I don't like folks to drag on about stuff that I have no interest in and that is why I love the Word of God.  It gets to the point...even the heart of the matter.  Notice (www.lifejournal.cc) what it says:  Hebrews 4:12- For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.   I love to get in the Word first thing in the morning because it gets to the heart of the matter.  God knows my heart, what I need to look at, be burdened about, change, or respond to.  He gives me what I need and cuts to the chase.  He knows my thoughts and my intentions and the Word dissects me quickly.  If it is not a daily dose in your life, you are a missing out on the greatest Counselor, the greatest Advice, the greatest Direction, and the greatest Friend.  He loves you dearly and uses His Word to get to the heart of the matter.  He cuts to the chase through the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment