Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wonderful Grace

Well, I hope you had a Merry Christmas!  I have had a wonderful one.  We went to Hattiesburg to see my in-laws and had some wonderful Christmas times there.  Dawn's father is in poor health, or at least has a very hard time being able to do much.  Hard to say 'goodbye' under such circumstances.  We spent a wonderful Christmas Eve with our church family.  What a special night!  We worshipped the Lord together on Christmas morning  and that was great too.  Yesterday we headed out toward the Carolinas.  Last night we had a great time with my side of the family.  We are busy these days but blessed.  Now I plan to spend the next week as the mother of Jesus did surrounding his birth...pondering. 

This morning as I read I was overwhelmed by the grace of God.  (www.lifejournal.cc)  Particularly this morning, it was the message to church of Laodicea.  First he tells them He is tired of their unrepentant hypocrisy.  Like coffee, either be hot or cold for Christ, but don't be lukewarm.   However, after challenging them to get it right, the Father of the Prodigals swings open the door of opportunity.  Rev. 3:20- Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.  You are probably very familiar with that passage but it sure is sweet when you read it in its context.  To those who are in sin, troubled, and wayward, come to me and I will come in, dine with you, and not only cleanse you of your sin, but guide you for the days ahead.  That, my friend, is a blessing.    It is also an opportunity!  Take advantage of it today if you need cleansing.  If you are clean before the Lord, just celebrate the one that has made you clean! 
Enjoy the God of grace today!

No comments:

Post a Comment