Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's About Him

Years ago I had a secretary that was a preacher's wife and the daughter of a preacher.  She had experienced a lot in her husband's various pastorates (and maybe Dad's too).  I did not take her as wise from it;  instead, I took her as bitter from it.   As a young minister, it was somewhat discouraging to hear her take at times.  One time we were talking about churches and caring for the ministers and such and she said- If you don't look out for yourself, nobody else is going to look out for you.  I immediately thought (and should have said)- No, you are wrong.  I have an advocate.  I have one that steps in and takes care of my needs.  I didn't say that, but I believed it and I have seen the evidence many times over.   It is my job to promote Him and He'll take care of me. He always has and, although I may have rough roads ahead- who knows?, so far it has been pretty smooth.  God has been good to me and many times his goodness has flowed through the dear people I have been blessed to pastor.  I'm going to try to focus on Him and "look out" for Him, and trust Him to take care of me.  Or as John 3:30 (www.lifejournal.cc) states- He must increase, but I must decrease.  It ain't about me....or you...it is about Him.  Make it about Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment