Saturday, December 3, 2011

I owe, I owe...

It is not just the seven dwarfs that could sing that song.  It is a lot more of us...all of us.  Let me remind you this morning what you owe (www.lifejournal.cc): Romans 13:7-8- Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.  You owe taxes so pay them.  You owe somebody something even if it is just the power company, so pay them.  And who you don't owe, you owe anyway.  You owe them respect and honor.  Who you don't show respect, show honor.  And as I think about the difference in respect and honor, I am thinking that isn't honor just ramped up respect.  Give to each what you owe today:  be nice, be respectful, be honorable. 
And besides that remember v. 8- Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.  The law is God's rule and God's rule is to love each other.  Let's work today on how we respond to others.  Let's honor, respect and love the Lord, but honoring, respecting, and loving those He puts in our path. 
I owe...I owe...its off to....

No comments:

Post a Comment