Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hands on the Plow

Christ said we need both hands on the plow and we need not look back.  Looking back causes crooked rows.  Looking back is when we consider the world and its ways as real options.  Looking back is when we don't keep our eyes on the task at hand: living our lives for the Lord Jesus Christ.  I tell my daughter that when she is taking a test and struggling with it and someone else gets up and looks to be done with ease, don't pay any attention to anyone else, keep your eyes on your paper and keep on working. That is what we must do in the Christian life.  We don't have the time, the energy, or the focus to wander around wondering about the validity of the Christian life.  We just need to be hard at it.  That looking around stuff will cause you to lose focus on the task at hand.  You will hoe crooked rows when you do that and let's not hoe crooked rows.  Paul put this way (www.lifejournal.cc) in Philippians 3:12-14- Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Today (and everyday) let's keep our hand on the plow. Let's keep focused on the finish.  Let's not let anything distract us from keeping our eyes on Jesus and living our lives to please Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment