Sunday, August 25, 2013

Face to Face

Today we read Jeremiah 37-39, Psalm 79, and 2 John.

As I was reading 2 John 1.12 this morning, it once again reminded me of the day that I had yesterday.

Though I have much to write to you, I would rather not use paper and ink. Instead I hope to come to you and talk face to face, so that our joy may be complete.

A week ago we moved Dawn's father into a local nursing home here in town.  Since then, we have been blessed to spend time with him daily.  Yesterday morning I was on my morning walk and popped in on him for a few minutes.  W.C. has a lot of sufferings of long term illness and one of these is a mind that is demented.  Usually about one-third of what we talk about is spot on.   Yesterday, I made small talk with him asking him about breakfast, his rest, and how he felt.  In the course of the conversation, he told me that some of the ladies had been reading to him. I only know of him reading some passages to them, but I probed on. I asked him if he wanted me to read to him.  He said I could.  I read 1 John 5, a portion of my devotional reading yesterday.  I talked about life in Christ and then asked him how long he had known the Lord.  I love hearing people's testimonies and I was also just seeing what he could remember.  He shared specifically where he was, when it was, and mentioned a man and a church that played a significant role in his salvation and baptism!! 

I have been floating ever since!  What a powerful, crystal clear testimony!  The things of God just broke through a clouded mind and we rejoiced for a few minutes about seventy years of salvation.  

I think that is what John was talking about in 2 John 1.12.  Go to church today and talk about what the Lord has done in your life face to face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment