Thursday, August 1, 2013

When You're Down and Out

Today we read Isaiah 65-66, Psalm 62, and John 3.

I am aware of a lot of burdens that people are carrying these days.  I don't know if it just seems to be a time of greater crisis for those around me or I am just more aware than normal.  Either way, a lot of folks are burdened and, as we bear one another's burdens, so I carry some burdens.  I hate to see people hurt.  I hate to see them suffer.  I hate to see them struggle.   Prayer is a powerful tool and intercessory prayer is especially special.  God works through such as that.  Yet, even with that, we sometimes feel as if we wish we could do more.

I know of one thing we can do, whether it is our personal burden or we are walking with those who are hurting:  we can trust in the Lord.  We can give it to Him.  We can hide in Him.  Psalm 62.8 spoke to me this morning about that:  Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him. God is a refuge for us.

Whatever it is that is riding hard on you these days, give it to the Lord.  He can handle it and He can comfort you.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment