Saturday, August 17, 2013

Never Alone

Today we read Jeremiah 23-25 and John 19.

Regardless of the bad spot you may find yourself in today, God knows where you are and God will take care of His Children who have committed their lives to Him.  Judah was in a rough spot.  They were in exile, too far from home. What a sweet promise the Lord gave them:

Jeremiah 24.5-7 -  “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Like these good figs, so I will regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I have sent away from this place to the land of the Chaldeans. I will set my eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up, and not tear them down; I will plant them, and not pluck them up. I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lordand they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.

It is promising to know that we are not alone today.  God is right there in the midst with us.  We will not be alone tomorrow.  He is already there.  Rest in that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment