Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Take Heart, My Friend

Today we read Jeremiah 16 & 17, Psalm 96, and John 16.

I just want to encourage you today to keep it all in perspective.  The words that Jesus spoke in John 16.33 help us do that- I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Don't be surprised when this day throws you some curve balls.  Don't be shocked when you face some stuff that you did not expect to face.  Don't be startled when you don't handle some things as well as you think you should.  You are going to have some trials.  Some things are not going to be easy.  However, be assured, you are not alone.  The One that walks with you will give you peace.  The One that empowers you has overcome the world.

He can handle your obstacle.  He can help you with your obstacle.  Take heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment