Monday, July 9, 2012

The Anchor Holds

I am not a boater, a sailor, or a yachtsman. I haven't been boating that often. I've fished. I've went water skiing. I've cruised on the water, but it has always been in someone else's boat. I've tried to watch them and learn, but I know little about such. I know what an anchor is though. An anchor is a stabilizer. When you want your boat to stay where it is, you drop the anchor. I read Moby Dick earlier this year. In that book they let down the anchor to survive the storm. When the storms come, you need an anchor. When you are ready to rest from the waters, you need an anchor. When you are sailing through your life, you need to have the security of knowing the anchor holds. That is what Jesus is to the Christian. Hebrews 6.19-20- We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf Behind the curtain is the Holy Place of prayer. Therefore, we have quite a combo in Christ: He is our stabilizer, our intercessor, and our pacesetter. What in the world are you worried about today! The Anchor Holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment