Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Marvel of A Five Dollar Armband

It is easy for a day to turn on a dime....at least for my 5 (almost 6) year old. Last night we went to see some fireworks. Before we got there, we made a few stops. We arrived later than expected, and it looked as if my children would not be able to ride the carnival rides that had been set up in the streets. My 5 year old said. "This is the worst day ever", as she watched the kids ride and slide. I felt the line was too long and the time too short to justify buying the armband. We, then, found some short lines, so I went ahead and bought the cheap armbands. After sliding one time and riding a very miniature version of a pirate ship ride, she ran to me, hugged my leg, beamed a big smile, and said, "This is the best day ever!" Oh, the marvel of 30 minutes and one five dollar armband! We can be the same way. We suffer in the Christian life and ride the high mountaintops of victory, only then to plunge into the depths of discouragement, temptation, and despair. Whether your 'worst day ever' or your 'best day ever', you are not alone. Hebrews 2.18- For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. (www.lifejournal.cc) Beam today for Him! You are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment