Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Song of the Day

Micah 7.19-He will again have compassion on us; he will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. I am a Gospel music fan. The Cathedrals were the best. One of their great songs was In the Depths of the Sea. As I read Micah this morning, that song started playing in my head. Man has climbed every mountain, no matter how high He has conquered the planets from sky to sky But there is a place where man has not been And that’s where my Lord says He’s buried my sin (Chorus) In the depths of the sea of God’s forgetfulness Removed as east is from west Far away from all power and principality My sins are in the depths of the sea 2. Gone are the shackles, gone are the stains I’m free from the bondage, free from the chains My sins are separated as darkness from dawn Praise God, I’m forgiven, my sins are all gone Repeat Chorus (Tag) Far away from all power and principality My sins are in the depths of the sea My sins are in the depths of the sea Now, reading those lyrics is not like hearing Glen Payne sing the verses and chorus (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Gbeg2Eit0) or hearing Danny Funderburk hit those final strong tenor notes, but for years I have listened to that song and sang that song in celebration for what God has done for you and me! That is my verse of the day and for me the song of the day. Celebrate His forgiveness today!

No comments:

Post a Comment