Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dark Shadows

I spent the night with a buddy one time when I was in high school. I had to get up in the night and when I stepped into the hallway, I quickly turned, took a step, and unexpectedly hit the wall. My half-opened eyes quickly opened wide and the first thing I saw was someone staring at me. Right in front of me! I took a step backward in a staggered shock and tried to respond. I then quickly realized that what I hit was a mirror on the wall. The horrifying image in front of me was myself. I had walked out the door and took a left when I should have taken a right. Darkness in a strange place can be deceiving. Well, we live in dark times and this world seems to get stranger by the minute, but we are not without hope. The prophet Isaiah put it this way- Isaiah 9.2- The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness on them has light shone. We have an opportunity to share the love of Christ with a lost and dark world. He will illuminate our paths and keep us from running into ourselves in the dead ends of life. Enjoy His Light today and share it as well. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment