Thursday, July 19, 2012

Shaky?

It is feeling shaky, ain't it?  I can't quite put my finger on it. 
Some believe it is political and November could solve it all...nah. 
Some believe it is medical and a change of the plan could help...maybe, but that is not what I am saying. 
Some believe it is the state of affairs overseas...they have always been shaky. 
Some believe it is the direction of the country...not Washington...the country...maybe. 
Some believe it is the last of our days....it IS always imminent.  Don't ever forget that. 
Some believe it all collapse quick...some societies have done that. 
Some believe it is an eroding...much more likely.  Don't know what it is...it is shaky though, ain't it? 

I think it is spiritual.  I think we live in a time of great spiritual conflict.  It is, as if, there is a battle taking place of which we cannot see, but can certainly feel the results.   Some of the results.  
Is it that this cosmic battle has come to our doorstep because we have let our guard down?  That makes sense to me.  What are we going do?  Do we dig a big hole and go hide in it.  I have a storm shelter now, but there are some storms that it does not help with. 

I think we ought to read Psalm 46 (www.lifejournal.cc) and take it to heart, no matter the battles or storms we face...
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy habitation of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
6 The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
he utters his voice, the earth melts.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah


10 “Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”
11 The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Though the storms may come...Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment