Saturday, July 14, 2012

Faith Everyday

We put faith in the brakes on our car to stop us when we tap the petal.  We put faith in our house to hold up its structure when we walk in the door or go to sleep under its roof.  We put faith in a restaurant every time we eat their food. We put faith in the washing machine to wash our clothes without leaking water all over our house.  Why do we put faith in these things?  Why do we put faith in people?  Most of the time, we do because they have been reliable before.  My brakes have not failed yet.  My house has not fell on my head yet.  I have not ate poisoned food at a restaurant yet, although I have avoided some restaurants.  My washing machine is getting old but it has not failed me quite yet.  I have faith in these things without really thinking about it because they have been reliable.
Hebrews 11.6- And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.  (www.lifejournal.cc)
We put everyday faith in all these other things.   Let's put our faith in God today.  He has not let us down.  He is reliable.  He can be trusted.  Trust Him and thrive in Him today!

1 comment:

  1. The more I lean on God and have faith in Him, the more He reveals Himself to me.

    ReplyDelete