Friday, July 20, 2012

Serious Enjoyment

Have you ever got the giggles?  Have you ever been in a situation where you better not laugh, but you got the can't-help-its?   Now, if you know me, you know I like to laugh.  When I can, I try to use humor when I speak, when I write, and in whatever I do.  My thought is that there is a lot in this world to cry about, let's try to enjoy life as much as we can.  But as Solomon said 'there is a time to weep and a time to laugh'.  You will do better off if you can tell the difference. 

When I was in school, I was not a trouble maker but I did have a lot to say...a lot more than there was time alloted for apparently.  I got in trouble for talking too much...and laughing too much...and enjoying myself too much.  I thought teachers' jobs were to make sure that you did not enjoy your childhood.  Now that I know several teachers, I realize their job is to not allow their students to ruin their own lives or their teachers' lives.  God bless teachers.  However, that is another matter for another day.  It is bad when you laugh at the wrong thing or at the wrong time or in the wrong situation.  Many people do it spiritually.  James warns us not to in James 4.9- Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. (www.lifejournal.cc)
If you are laughing at what God is frowning on or crying when you ought to be enjoying and celebrating your salvation, you are off-track.  In other  words, don't take your walk with God, your walk away from sin, and your pursuit of the good, Godly things in life too lightly.  They are not laughing matters.  Seriously walk with God and have a blast doing it!  Even today!

No comments:

Post a Comment