Saturday, July 13, 2013

Looking for a Sunday Stirring

Today we read Isaiah 15-18 and Hebrews 10.

I am encouraged today by the words of Hebrews 10.24-25-  And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

I find some of my greatest moments of encouragement when God's people congregate for worship.  Something special happens when hearts are ready, lives are tuned for God to have His Way in us. 

After being shocked this week to hear of one of our church leaders being diagnosed with a large brain mass that has a high chance of being malignant, I need some time of encouragement with the church.  I look forward to the special times of prayer that we have scheduled and the message that God has welled up in my heart.  

We could stand a stirring!  May God prepare our hearts for a powerful sense of His Presence and may we prioritize our live in preparation to let God to stir in us in a mighty way!

No comments:

Post a Comment