Thursday, July 18, 2013

Morning Wanderings

Today we read Isaiah 32-35 and James 2.

As I read this morning about exalting the Lord, how the Lord is our stability and our abundance, my mind wanders through the lives of several friends.

I am at camp this week with teenagers.  I am watching God move, build relationships, and knock down barriers. Burdened for some, excited for others, and keeping my eye on others, it is fun to worship with them and watch God move and work.

While here, I know that I have friends that are recovering.  Three of my favorite men had surgery this week and are painfully recovering.  I pray for their healing while I pray for others going through tests and trials.

I also learned that two of my dear friends lost a parent yesterday.  Two different people came to the end of this life's journey.  Thankfully for both, it is an end of suffering and a complete renewal in glory.  For those that are still here, these will be tough days.

I thought about all of that as well as those testy battles that so many are facing under the surface.
We need strength in our weariness, guidance for our walk, and worship along the way.
My heart was full this morning as I read Isaiah 33.5 -
The Lord is exalted, for he dwells on high;
    he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness,
and he will be the stability of your times,
    abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge;
    the fear of the Lord is Zion's treasure.


Whatever it is you face today, thank God you are not alone.  He will fill you with strength, impart to you knowledge, and bring stability to your walk.  Be sure to give Him praise today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment