Sunday, July 21, 2013

Prevailing Prayer

Today we read 2 Kings 18 & 19, 2 Chronicles 32, and James 5.

I have had the opportunity to be in some powerful prayer meetings of recent days.  Last Sunday was dedicated to prayer for a friend that did remarkably well in brain surgery last Monday.  He is scheduled to move to a rehab facility tomorrow and CAT scans and MRIs show that all of the malignant tumor was removed.  That is the power of prayer.

Two of my dear friends lost a parent this week ( in the same day).  I was out of town and not able to be there for them as I would have liked.  I replaced my presence with prayer which, of course, is much more comforting than I could ever be.

This week I was a part of our youth's Centrifuge camp and every evening we prayed together.  God did powerful things in the lives of those young people.  I look forward to them sharing with the church tonight.

I had a flood of reflections come over me about these matters as I read this morning James 5.16- Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. 
The urgent request of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.

Prayer works.  Let's let God mold and make us through it today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment