Sunday, July 14, 2013

Praying For Lonnie

Today we read Isaiah 19-21 and Hebrews 11.

Hebrews 11.1- Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

I believe, Lord, help thou my unbelief.  That is what the father said to Jesus when asked about his faith in Christ being able to heal his son.  I feel the same way this morning.  Today will be marked by prayer for me.  Normally a pastor highly anticipates being able to preach on Sunday and wanting to do as good a job as he can. Today I am, admittedly, distracted...by a welling up of faith. 

Last Tuesday night I found out that one of the dearest friends that God has ever given me has a horribly large brain tumor that the doctors say is probably malignant.  We found out on Friday that it has to come out...on Monday. 

Today FBC will be marked with prayer.  Our men will meet at 9:15 AM at the altar in the sanctuary to pray on his behalf.  Tonight's worship will be centered on prayer for him.  After that worship hour I will leave to drive to Memphis to be with him early in the morning. 

If you live in Houston and don't know Lonnie, you need to get out of the house a little more.  For those of you that may not live here and may not know him, he is a grand man of God, a community leader, a church leader, and a pastor's (many pastor's) best friend.  He and his wife, Bonnie, go above and beyond to accomodate whenever they get the opportunity.

I ask you to join us to pray specifically that the surgery will go amazingly smooth and that the tumor will be benign. 

I do not like anything about this situation, but I am anticipating God doing mighty things through it.  Let's pray for miracles because when they come, we will be sure that God gets the glory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment