Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Day of Praise

Today we read 1 Chronicles 16, Psalm 106, and Matthew 19.

Psalm 106.8- Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; 
make known his deeds among the peoples!
Sing to him, sing praises to him;
    tell of all his wondrous works!

I praise the Lord today.  I praise the Lord for the opportunity to experience a very unique yesterday.  It is not often that you are able to be a part of an inauguration of a seminary president.  It was a gala event but it was also a very anointed, Spirit-filled time...powerful to be a part of it.  I praise the Lord for it. 

I praise the Lord today for my return home last night.  After a couple of very busy months, I breathe some relief today and cherish a good night at home. 

I praise the Lord for the opportunity to preach His Word.  I spent this afternoon hammering through a passage that God has opened my eyes to over the last year.  It is a joy to have the opportunity to preach God's Word to a wonderful church family like First Baptist.

I praise the Lord for the wind on the bluff of a Kansas City hill. I praise the Lord for the beautiful sunset last night that I witnessed while flying home.  I praise the Lord for the crispness of morning.
I praise the Lord for His Word that I can cherish daily:  reading in the morning and chew on all day.

I praise the Lord for a contemporary, Christian song that I heard in the early 80's sung by a young ensemble called Truth.  Their song taught me the power of a passage that I have been meditating on through this day. 

I give praise to you, Lord..may all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment