Wednesday, May 22, 2013

No Distinction

Today we read 1 Kings 8, 2 Chronicles 5, Psalm 99, and Romans 3.

As a kid I learned how to share the Gospel through what is often called the Roman Road.  There are some varieties, but for me, it is Romans 3.23, 6.23, 5.8. 10.9-10, and 10.13.  I marked my Bible for these verses and later memorized these verses and when you know them and can explain them, it is an easy way to lead someone to Christ.  I have studied and learned other persuasive methods but I always go back to the Roman Road.
As I read this morning, I paid more attention to the end of v.22 than I did to v.23.  When you put them together and see the hope of v.24, it is life changing.  Notice what I speak of in Romans 3.22b-24-
For there is no distinction:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus

Our hope is in Christ.  That is the only hope we have.  There is no distinction.  We are all in the same boat and we all have the same hope in Christ.  For the prideful- you are no better than anyone else.  Your hope is only in Christ.  For the low-esteemed- You are just like everyone else.  Your hope is only in Christ.  We all are in the same boat and we all need to same Savior. 

Never be reluctant to share the need of a Savior.  It is guaranteed- Everyone needs Jesus.  Do not delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment