Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

Today we read 2 Samuel 21, 22,& 23 and 1 Thessalonians 1.

When I read... 1 Thessalonians 1.2-3- We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love andsteadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ... I cannot help but think of my mother.
I celebrate my mother today.  She has always been a great, Godly example for me.  She has always given me great, Godly, motherly advice (even in the days I did not want it).   She has always been an encourager, a love laborer, and a faith worker.   Before she was ever running a church food ministry, she was running a family food ministry.  God blessed her with three knotheads- me and my two ol' sorry brothers ( I always take the time to call them 'sorry' or 'demented' due to the fact that I have never got them back for all those demeaning things they did to me when we were getting ready for school in the early 70's. I still have fears that I don't know where they came from...) and an Air Force husband and she  did the same thing with her family that she did every evening in the kitchen--She wooped all that up and made it turn out pretty good.  No matter what she went through, we went through, or one of us went through, Momma has always went to the Lord about the matter and come out with a Godly, eternal perspective.

I give thanks to God today, as I do everyday when I pray for her, for a Godly mother.  I love you, mother.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment